Fantasy football: Make a playoff push

Week 10 of the NFL season is finally upon us, in all of its glory.

First, in a weird scheduling twist, there are no teams with bye weeks this week. Capitalize and use this week to glimpse your full-strength roster.

Second, the trade deadline in many leagues is approaching, along with the final chance to make a push into the playoffs. This week, I’ll cover the steps to take to maximize your opportunity to make the playoffs, specifically targeting players in trades.

With so many up and down games, it is easy to hate on Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. But a quick glance at the remaining schedule leaves much room for optimism.

He may not be the most dependable option, but Romo is set up for some big games through the rest of the season.

Try to land Atlanta Falcons running back Michael Turner if you can. The Falcons finally seem to be clicking on all cylinders, and it seems they have finally figured out the key to winning: give Turner the ball.

Atlanta should be playing in some close games from here on out, meaning Turner will receive plenty of opportunities.

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson came up big on Sunday, to the tune of seven catches for 141 yards and three scores.

The only remaining game on his team’s schedule that induces any worry is against the Baltimore Ravens.

Missing two games due to injury, New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been able to fly under the radar for the most part this season.

Hernandez is second at his position in targets per game, averaging nine per contest. Tom Brady looks his way often, especially in the red zone, as he presents a difficult matchup for opposing defenses.

After this weekend, I am convinced that Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton is the real deal. Though a rookie, he seems to have all the intangibles that can elevate a player into the top fantasy tiers.

The team’s remaining schedule looks brutal on paper, but the Bengals trust Dalton enough to have the ball in his hands during crucial game situations, as evidenced Saturday.

Thanks for sticking out the season this long, gamer. After the games this week, your fantasy football season has lasted longer than Kim Kardashian’s marriage. Bazinga!