The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band

A bearded man plucks and twangs away at a guitar. His singing voice is deep and guttural. A fiery woman keeps up with him, scritching and scratching at a metal washboard. The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, from Brown County, Ind., has a show this weekend in Indianapolis before touring the country and the world.

The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band (BDB), a country/blues band, is on tour and  is playing at the Military Park in Indianapolis on Sunday. The show is part of the Rib America Fest. The band goes on at 2:30 p.m., with the set time being from 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.  Admission is free before 1:00 p.m. and $5 afterwards. The group is playing along with old school country and classic rock acts.

Rev. Peyton, “Washboard” Breezy Peyton and the drummer/five gallon bucket player Aaron “Cuz” Persinger sing about seeing family members on the television show “Cops,” murder in rural Indiana, dealing with tough times and perform dance tunes, such as “Clap your Hands.”

Hoosier country-blues will be performed across the globe by BDB, as they make stops throughout the United States, Canada, Austria, Germany and the United Kingdom.

The trio from Brown County toured as a part of Warped Tour this summer and now they are gracing the world stage.