Chatham Tap at Butler University opens

Chatham Tap, a pub-style restaurant, is located in the parking garage on Sunset Avenue. Photo by Jessica Lee.

JESSICA LEE | EDITOR-IN-CHIEF | jelee2@butler.edu 

Chatham Tap, the new restaurant in the parking garage, will open its doors for the first time to the public at 5 p.m. on Oct. 23. On Butler Homecoming, Oct. 26, they will open at 10 a.m., an hour earlier than their usual time.

David Pentzien, one of the three owners of Chatham Tap, said they are ready for homecoming.

“It’ll be an interesting weekend, and we’re excited to be a part of it,” Pentzien said.

The locally-owned restaurant will be replacing the space in the parking garage vacated by Scotty’s Dawghouse

Chatham Tap looked at the location five years ago, Pentzien said, and they feel lucky to come back and get the space.

“Butler Tarkington is a phenomenal neighborhood that fits with the original Chatham Tap neighborhood,” Pentzien said of Butler’s surrounding area, adding that he hopes students, faculty and staff will enjoy the restaurant.

Emma Wilson, a junior human communication and organizational leadership major, works at Chatham Tap. She said her experience thus far with the manager and employees have been nothing but wonderful.

“I’m also excited to get a little bit of foot traffic back on Butler’s campus,” Wilson said. “I think it’s going to be good for the university during game weekends, and hopefully, it’ll shine a positive light on Butler.”

The pub-style restaurant will open at 5 p.m. on Oct. 24 and 25 as well.