Your guide to ‘Sleeping Beauty’

We have a nationally-ranked dance school, so you will not want to miss its production of “Sleeping Beauty,” this weekend at Clowes Memorial Hall. We’ve created a handy guide to the plot and characters.

THE MAIN ACTORS: Princess Aurora (Lindsay Moncrieff, Erin Langston), Prince Desire (Garrett Glassman), Lilac Fairy (Jenny Martin), Carabosse (Kristen Francomano)

ACT I : A lovely little girl named Aurora is born to a king and queen in a land where fairies legitimately fly around. A wicked fairy, Carabosse, curses the child after not being invited to the celebration of her birth, threatening to kill her on her 16th birthday by pricking her finger. The Lilac Fairy casts another spell that says Aurora will just fall asleep. Aurora’s 16th birthday comes, she pricks her finger due to Carabosse’s machinations and the Lilac Fairy puts the entire kingdom into a deep sleep.

ACT II: One hundred years later, a prince, who is hunting, encounters the Lilac Fairy. She guides him to the castle so he can break the spell—after, of course, more mischief from Carabosse. Spoiler alert—he kisses Aurora, she wakes up and immediately agrees to marry him.

ACT III: A wedding, laughter and another kiss.

WATCH OUT FOR: Guest appearances from Puss in Boots, Red Riding Hood and the Wolf at the wedding ceremonies.

DETAILS: Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. Clowes Memorial Hall. Tickets: $17-$23 for students.