Men’s Golf competes in Dayton Invitational

GRANT ANSCHUETZ | STAFF REPORTER / File photo by Jimmy Lafakis

A cold morning that delayed their tee time is what the Butler men’s golf team encountered on Monday at the Dayton Invitational. They played one round of 18 holes on Monday and another 18 hole round on Tuesday. They tested their talents against the NCR Country Club’s 7,055 yard par 71 South Course.

As a team, the Bulldogs were consistent throughout the two rounds as they shot a 313 (+29) each day. Their 36-hole total of 626 (+58) was only good enough to notch a 13th place finish out of 15 teams. Individually, Connor Dudley led the Bulldogs with a Top 20 finish as he fired a 36-hole total of 152 (+10), including a Tuesday round of 75 (+4). Joey Arcuri finished in 37th with a 156 (+14) that included a Monday round of 77 (+6). Zack Carrabine finished in 63rd with an overall score of 161 (+19) while Brigham Stewart finished in 70th just one shot off of Carrabine with a 162 (+20). Gehrig Hollatz backed up his record-breaking performance last tournament with a 163 (+21). The Bulldogs were in the hunt on Tuesday as they entered only 10 shots back off the leader, and they even held a fifth place spot on the leaderboard during the round.

The men’s golf team will look to finish next tournament on a strong note after their upcoming break. They resume tournament play on February 14th in California