Fall 2013 semester!
Applications Due: Wednesday, May 1
Interviews: May 6 through May 10
Are you interested in joining Butler’s national award-winning student newspaper staff? The Butler Collegian is now accepting applications from student writers, editors, photographers and videographers for the fall 2012 semester. If you would like to apply, please complete the application process.
Applications can be picked up outside The Collegian office (Fairbanks 210) or downloaded here. Turn in a completed application, resume, a spring 2012 class schedule and up to three writing samples by May 1. You can also apply online here.
Please direct questions to The Collegian’s Editor in Chief, Jill McCarter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Collegian seeking Manager of New Business
About the Job
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS: Please send cover letter and resume to Editor-in-Chief (email@example.com). Qualified applicants will be interviewed.
SALARY: Fixed commission; employees paid bi-weekly
POSITION: New Business Acquisition Manager
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Goal: increase profitable new advertising accounts and advertising revenue at student-run newspaper
- Responsible for acquiring new business accounts for both print and online advertising opportunities, and including:
- Selling for Special issues/inserts
- Managing special advertising promotions
- Negotiating or managing existing/new agreements
- Promoting Collegian subscription services
- Email Marketing Campaigns
- Analyze results from advertising promotions and make recommendations on strategy
- Must be a full-time student at Butler University
- Previous internship or related job experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial, high-energy, high integrity personal style
- Sales-minded personality
- WordPress experience a plus but not required
- Analytical and creative
- This individual must possess the sensibility to manage a direct marketing effort
- Ability to calmly multi-task is important
- Strong team environment so candidate must be a team player
- A preference will be given to a candidate who will be living in Indianapolis for the summer.
Equipment/ Software Used:
- MS Office suite (with solid Excel skills)
- WordPress CMS a plus but not required
- Photoshop/InDesign a plus but not required