Rewind for Butler Homecoming 2023

Reporter Jack Francis shares what the week of homecoming looked like on Butler’s campus.

[TRANSCRIPT]

Homecoming weekend was action packed, let’s see what all went down. 

Starting on Thursday, the festivities were kicked off with some sunset yoga and the women’s soccer regular season finalé game against Creighton which resulted in a 3-1 victory.

Friday’s socials involved Dogs with the Dean, where Communications Dean Joe Valenzano grilled up some treats and shared some laughs before the nighttime events. All weekend there were Alumni receptions, however the ceremony recognizing the 2023 honorees and class of 1973 took place Friday night. Also occurring Friday night was a Rocket League competition where multiple Universities had a team in the mix. The Observatory also hosted visitors who had their sights set on the stars. 

Saturday was the meat of the bone with so many opportunities for the whole family to have fun. Tailgating started at 8 am to kick off the day. Early in the morning Phi Delta Theta had their chariot race where all of the Fraternities competed on Butler Way. Bulldogs came out to strut their stuff in the 22nd annual Butler bulldog beauty contest, with this particular adorable pup, Lily, taking best in show.  If you wanted a treat for lunch, you could’ve stopped by the Food Truck Fest in the Hinkle lot. The Bulldogs won 17-7 against the Valparaiso Beacons to remain the rightful owners of the Hoosier Helmet. 

Here is a look at the sights and sounds of the game. 

The men’s soccer team hosted #13 Akron down at Varsity field where they ended in a tie in their final game of the regular season. 

Saturday night also had its fair share of fun with chances to watch the first men’s basketball exhibition of the year where they showed promise for the upcoming season, they won 78-46 vs Ohio Northern. If that’s not your jam, you could have seen The Price is Right over in our very own Clowes.

We ended the weekend with a League of Legend tournament in the Esports facility.

Overall it was a Homecoming weekend to remember, so until next year, with the Butler Collegian, I’m Multimedia Reporter Jack Francis.