Butler announces Chatham Tap location opening on campus

Chatham Tap’s Butler location is hoping to open by the end of October. Photo courtesy of butler.edu.

MEGHAN STRATTON | MANAGING EDITOR | mrstratt@butler.edu

Chatham Tap expects to open a new location in Butler University’s Sunset Avenue parking garage storefront by the end of October. Butler announced the partnership on Sept. 12. Scotty’s Dawghouse previously occupied this space before it closed in July 2019.

Chatham Tap is a family-friendly pub that specializes in English food and local craft beer. Butler’s campus location will be the third Chatham Tap in Indianapolis, in addition to locations on Massachusetts Avenue and downtown Fishers.

Butler finalized the lease with Chatham Tap in late August. The restaurant hopes to hire approximately 50 employees and find General Managers with ownership interest.

Chatham Tap’s menu focuses on starters, sandwiches, and fish and chips. The restaurant plans to open early and serve breakfast for key weekend soccer matches. Additionally, they will stay open until midnight on weekdays and 1:00 a.m. on weekends.

Chatham Tap will keep the same indoor floorplan as Scotty’s Dawghouse had. However, they plan to increase the amount of outdoor patio seating.

In the Butler Today email announcement, Bruce Arick, the Vice President of Finance and Administration at Butler, said he is excited to welcome Chatham Tap to campus.

“Both for the Butler community and our neighbors, I believe this space will be a great environment for people to create valuable connections and build relationships—all while enjoying meals from a quality menu,” Arick said. “We’re also thrilled to be supporting the Indianapolis community by embracing local ownership.”

The Butler Collegian will continue to follow this story as more information becomes available.