Butler Sports Weekly Preview Oct. 26 – Nov. 1

Sophomore Alexandra Pulaski looks to drive past an Illini defender. Photo by Claire Runkel.

JIA SKRUDLAND | SPORTS REPORTER | jskrudland@butler.edu 

Thursday, Oct. 27 

Women’s soccer at Creighton 

The women’s soccer team will look to improve their conference record after a 2-2 tie against No. 15 Georgetown on Oct. 23. The team will head out to Omaha, Neb. to face off against the Creighton Bluejays at 8 p.m. which can be streamed on FloSports and BEDN. The Bulldogs will need either a tie or win against the Bluejays in order to make the Big East tournament.  

Friday, Oct. 28 

Women’s swimming at Bowling Green 

The women’s swimming team will head east to compete against the Falcons. The meet begins at 5 p.m. 

Women’s volleyball vs Marquette 

After going 1-1 last weekend, the women’s volleyball team will host No. 19 Marquette at Hinkle. The Golden Eagles and Bulldogs met earlier in the season, with Marquette edging out Butler 3-1. First-serve is scheduled for 6 p.m. and can be streamed on ​​FloSports/Butler+. 

Saturday, Oct. 29 

Women’s cross country at Big East Championships 

Last week, Butler placed fifth at the Illini Open in Champaign-Urbana, IL. The women’s cross country team will race at Highland Park in Attleboro, Mass. for the Big East Championships. Racing begins at 11 a.m. 

Men’s cross country at Big East Championships 

Last week, Butler placed third at the Illini Open in Champaign-Urbana, IL. The men’s cross country team will race at Highland Park in Attleboro, Mass. for the Big East Championships. Racing begins at 11 a.m. 

Football vs Morehead State 

The men’s football team will welcome Morehead State to the Sellick Bowl after a 31-10 Homecoming win against Marist. The Bulldogs and Eagles kickoff at 12 p.m. and the game can be streamed on FloSports/Butler+. 

Men’s soccer at Seton Hall 

The men’s soccer team will look to stay atop the Big East standings against Seton Hall in New Jersey. The Bulldogs are coming off a 2-1 win on Oct. 23 to St. John’s. Kick-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and will be streamed on FloSports and BEDN. 

Men’s basketball vs Tiffin (Ohio) 

The men’s basketball team will open their 2022-23 season with an exhibition game against the Tiffin Dragons. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. inside Hinkle Fieldhouse. 

Sunday, Oct. 30 

Women’s soccer vs TBA 

If the women’s soccer team finishes in the top six at the end of conference play, the Bulldogs will play in the Quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament. The game will be streamed on FloSports and BEDN with the time and opponent announced later. 

Women’s volleyball vs DePaul 

The women’s volleyball team will continue the second half of Big East play against DePaul. The Blue Demons will take a trip to Hinkle Fieldhouse to face the Bulldogs. The first serve is scheduled for 1 p.m. and will be streamed on FloSports and BEDN. 

Tuesday, Nov. 1 

Men’s basketball vs Davenport 

The men’s basketball team will host Davenport University for their final exhibition game. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. inside Hinkle Fieldhouse.