Work for the Collegian

The Butler Collegian is a student-run newspaper, which means we need students like you to come work for us! All positions are paid, and we have students from all six colleges on campus. No journalism experience is needed; we will give you a crash course when you start.

Multimedia Reporters:

Find your niche in multimedia as a reporter for the Butler Collegian! The multimedia team is looking for students of all majors who have experience and interest in social media, podcasting, photography, website design and videography. Multimedia reporters will produce at least one story a month, while also learning to hone their skills in the above categories. If interested please contact Digital Managing Editors Kaylie Ricks (kricks@butler.edu) or Taylor Jade Powell (tjpowell@butler.edu). Applications are available in a folder outside of the Collegian office in Fairbanks 210. 

Page/Graphic Designer

Do you look at the way a newspaper is laid out before you read the articles? Do you appreciate a well-done word:graphic ratio? The Collegian is seeking passionate, hard-working graphic designers. No editorial layout experience is needed, but a basic understanding of at least one Adobe program (particularly InDesign & Illustrator) is a must. If interested, please email Design Editor Tori Farr (tfarr@butler.edu). Include a brief description of your experience and 1-3 work samples (if you have them). Applications are available in a folder outside of the Collegian office in Fairbanks 210. 

Reporter/Columnist

Do you like to learn about new things, talk to people and write? Come be a reporter or columnist for the Collegian! You can write for the news, sports, culture or opinion section. No journalism experience is needed, and our staff is made up of students from all six colleges on campus. If you are interested, please fill out an application that can be found outside Fairbanks 210.

Social Media Manager
The Collegian is looking for someone to help run our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts. If you love social media, we would love for you to help us create a stronger digital presence. Contact Katie Goodrich (kmgoodri@butler.edu) for more information.

Advertising Manager

The Collegian needs someone to seek out advertisers for our publication. Applicants need to be self-motivated, determined and creative. Experience is preferred. Contact Dr. Whitmore (nwhitmor@butler.edu) for more information on the job requirements.

Copy Editor

Do you love grammar? Do you correct your friends’ use of affect and effect? Come work in our copy department! Copy editors proofread and fact check interesting stories from all the sections. Contact Katie Goodrich (kmgoodri@butler.edu) for more information and to apply.