Theta Twist raises funds for a good cause

SARAH THUET | CULTURE REPORTER

Wikimedia Commons photo

Butler Greek Life has officially kicked off their first semester events. Freshmen, and other interested students, are now able to sign up for recruitment, which consequently begins the season of philanthropy events for all of the houses.

Several weeks ago, Kappa Alpha Theta had their first event. Theta Twist sold pretzels for $2 to support their foundation.

Although the food is the highlight, the most important and special part of the night is the philanthropy behind its sales. For this particular event, Theta donated their proceeds to their “Theta Foundation.”

According to Theta’s website, the foundation is “by Thetas for Thetas to support Thetas with scholarships, non-degree educational and leadership grants, and the Fraternity’s educational and leadership programs.”

Tanya Abraham, a member involved with the planning of Theta Twist, said this foundation is really important to them as a chapter. They all understand that paying for college is a huge burden, and when unexpected things happen, it is nice to have the Theta Foundation to fall back on.

People from all around campus filled the Theta lawn to support the philanthropy and devour their own delicious pretzel.

“Theta Twist was a great way to unite the campus in support of the Gamma chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta,” said sophomore Nicole Heffern.