These are a few of my favorite things (about Homecoming)

KRISTIN CAMILIERE / STAFF REPORTER Photos by Erin Marsh

As Homecoming approaches, we went around campus and asked students what their favorite event is during Homecoming, and here is what they had to say:

“My favorite thing about homecoming is the Bulldog Beauty Pageant. I just love to see all those bulldogs in one place.”

– TJ Brouster, Senior

“My favorite part about homecoming is Lawn Dec just because everyone gets to come out together and show their artistic side. Everyone really gets into it and stays up really late so that’s always the fun part.”

– Jenna Kresak, Senior

“I really like the tailgating at the football field. You get to see a lot of alumni and previous graduates of Butler who you were friends with and you get to reunite. And get good food and hopefully the weather is nice, that’s my favorite part.”

– Breanna Manley, Senior

“Chariot races are my favorite part because they are super fun. They’re on Hampton and everyone goes and watches. It is a cool thing to watch and be a part of.”

– John Draths, Sophomore

“I really liked the floats from last year. I thought it was fun, as a freshman, to go around and watch everyone having a great time. There was just such a positive atmosphere.”

– Will McKnight, Sophomore

“My favorite part about homecoming is ‘Yell Like Hell.’ I did it last year and it was a lot of fun just being up in Clowes and seeing everyone get excited for Homecoming.”

– Alexander Tison, Sophomore

“My favorite event is definitely the Bulldog Beauty Contest because I love seeing all the cute dogs in costumes. I think it’s adorable and really cheesy at the same time.”

– Caysi Johnson, Sophomore