The men behind the campaigns

NATALIE SMITH | Asst. News Editor

Pingel: “Already experienced”

Sophomore Chad Pingel did not always know he wanted to be Butler’s Student Government Association president. After seeing other leaders on campus and entering some leadership positions himself, the idea was on his radar.

“What makes me want to run for (president) is that I’ve already had experience throughout student government,” Pingel said. “I have loved every second of contributing back to it.”

Pingel is a double major in marketing and finance from Des Moines, Iowa. He said he hopes to get his Master’s in Business Administration and be leading others in five years. In the long term, he hopes to be a CFO or CEO.

He currently serves as SGA’s vice president of finance and is ranked third in the SGA hierarchy.

Outside of SGA, Pingel is a brother of Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity and Delta Tau Delta fraternity. He works as a campus tour guide, was a student orientation guide and Bulldogs Into The Streets leader and is a member of Students for the Advancement of Business Leadership.

Pingel said he has a diverse family. His two younger siblings are both adopted. His brother Eric is from Vietnam, and his sister Emma is from China. He has an older brother, Marcus, and a German shepard named Katie.

He came to Butler after considering similar schools, such as Drake University. He said Butler’s campus and business program won him over.

Pingel was involved in band, choir, soccer and was secretary for student council in high school.

Gale: “Passionate and driven”

Junior Robert Gale said he wants to run for Student Government Association president because he loves Butler University.

“I’m very passionate, driven and dedicated,” Gale said. “Those things are great, but what it comes down to is love. That’s my entire campaign—trying to show that passion and love.”

Gale is a double major in finance and management information systems from Park Ridge, Ill. He said he wants to work in private banking as a financial advisor or managing trusts. He said working at JP Morgan would open a lot of doors and options after graduations.

Gale was appointed SGA parliamentarian at the start of the school year.

Outside of SGA, Gale is a brother and housing manager for Sigma Nu fraternity. He serves as a student ambassador for Butler’s Office of Admissions.

Gale was also previously actively involved in the Boy Scouts of America. Gale has been involved with Boy Scouts since kindergarten and worked as the head youth for 90,000 individuals at one point.

“(Working for Boy Scouts) was something that I’ll always remember,” Gale said. “It was truly an incredible experience, and I’m fortunate to have that.”

Gale is the youngest of three, with two older sisters, Christina, 23, and Jessica, 28. His only pets were two goldfish that lived 12 years until dying his freshman year of college.

Gale was involved in band and choir, as well as class and student government, Spanish club, Irish club and intramural sports in high school. He also volunteered and worked with the Illinois Special Olympics.