Family Weekend recap 2023

Sept. 29 to Oct. 1 was Butler’s family weekend. Parents, siblings and friends from across the country traveled to campus to spend a few days with their student. Photo by Grace Hensley.

The Butler Bulldogs faced off against the Presbyterian Blue Hose, winning 27-17 to bring their season record to 4-1. Photo by Makenna Frias.

Fans look on as the Bulldogs score on their opening drive against Presbyterian College. Photo by Grace Hensley.

Fans of all ages prepare for the Saturday football game with tailgating in the Hinkle Fieldhouse parking lot. Photo by Grace Hensley.

On Saturday, students and their families had the opportunity to visit a Butler Ballet rehearsal of “The Nutcracker”, “Build Your Own Bulldog” and even donate blood and bone marrow with sorority Sigma Gamma Rho. Photo by Grace Hensley.

Students and families cheered on the football team showing off gear they picked up at the “Spirit Zone” which included spirit beads, boom sticks, pom poms and other cheer wear. Photo by Katerina Anderson.

Redshirt junior kicker Luka Zurak punted twice for an average of 30.5 yards and was 2/2 for field goals against the Presbyterian Blue Hose. Photo by Makenna Frias.

Family members were able to enjoy a Holcomb observatory show, ghost stories around a firepit and trivia on Friday, Sept. 29. Photo by Natalie Goo.