The week ahead in Butler sports: Oct. 14 – 20

Wilmer Cabrera Jr. looks for an open move during Butler’s 1-0 loss to St. John’s on Sept. 28. The men’s soccer team will take on Lipscomb and Seton Hall this week. Chandler Hart / Collegian file photo.

SAMANTHA HARTMAN | STAFF REPORTER | sehartma@butler.edu

Monday, Oct. 14:

Women’s golf at Dayton Flyer Invitational

The women’s golf team is back on the road as they travel to Dayton, Ohio, for the Dayton Flyer Invitational. This will be a two-day event that will have 14 total teams competing. The Bulldogs are coming off of a strong second place finish in the Butler Fall Invitational. The 36-hole event will take place at the NCR Country Club with a shotgun start at 11 a.m.

Men’s golf at Georgetown Intercollegiate

The men’s golf team will also be on the road for the two-day Georgetown Intercollegiate. There will be a total of 12 teams competing, including Big East rivals Creighton, DePaul, Seton Hall, and Georgetown. The event will take place in Beallsville, Maryland, at the Four Streams course. Day one will consist of 36 holes starting at 8:30 a.m. The Bulldogs placed fourth of 12 teams last season.

Tuesday, Oct. 15:

Women’s golf will continue with day two of the Dayton Flyer Invitational. Day two will be another 36-hole event with a shotgun start at 10:30 a.m.

Men’s golf will take on day two of the Georgetown Intercollegiate. The Bulldogs will finish competing in the final 18 holes with another shotgun start.

Wednesday, Oct. 16:

Men’s soccer at Lipscomb

Men’s soccer is back on the road as they travel to Nashville, Tennessee. Butler will face Lipscomb in a nonconference matchup. The Bulldogs are now 6-4-1 overall and 1-2-1 in conference. The Bulldogs are 2-0-1 in their last three games. Kickoff is at 5 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 17:

Women’s tennis at ITA Ohio Valley Regional

The women’s tennis team will travel to Murfreesboro, Tennessee, for the ITA Ohio Valley Regional. The event will take place at the Adams Tennis Complex.

Friday, Oct. 18:

Women’s tennis will continue play at the Adams Tennis Complex in the ITA Ohio Valley Regional.

Women’s swimming vs Bellarmine

The women’s swimming team will stay in the Indianapolis area but head to Warren Central High School where they will host Bellarmine. The meet will begin at 5 p.m.

Volleyball at Creighton

The volleyball team will hit the road as they travel to Omaha, Nebraska. They will face Big East opponent, No. 13 Creighton. Creighton is now 13-3 overall and 6-0 in conference. They are on an eight-game winning streak. Butler is 7-11 overall and 4-2 in conference after beating St. John’s and Seton Hall last week. The Bulldogs are on a two-game winning streak. Last season Butler lost to Creighton 3-2 and 3-0. First serve is set for 7 p.m. and you can watch the game on GoCreighton.com.

Saturday, Oct. 19:

Women’s tennis will compete in day two of the ITA Ohio Valley Regional which is taking place at the Adams Tennis Complex.

Men’s cross country at NCAA Pre-Nationals

Men’s cross country will travel to Terre Haute, Indiana for the NCAA Pre-Nationals. The meet will take place at the Lavern Gibson Championship Course and begin at 11 a.m.

Women’s swimming at Indiana Intercollegiates

Women’s swimming will next travel down the highway to Lafayette, Indiana, for the Indiana Intercollegiates. The meet will take place at the Morgan J. Burke Aquatic Center and begin at 1 p.m.

Men’s soccer at Seton Hall

Men’s soccer will next travel to South Orange, New Jersey, for another Big East matchup. Butler will face Seton Hall who is 2-2 in conference play this season. The Bulldogs lost to the Pirates 1-2 last season. You can catch all the action on BEDN. Kickoff is at 1 p.m.

Football at Morehead State

The football team moved to 1-5 overall and 0-2 in conference after losing to Drake 42-7. The Bulldogs will hit the road again as they head to Morehead, Kentucky, to face Morehead State. Butler beat Morehead State 24-21 last season. The Eagles are 3-3 overall and 1-1 in conference on a one game winning streak after beating Jacksonville 30-22. The Bulldogs will hope to put an end to their four-game losing streak. The game will be available on ESPN+ and start at 2 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 20:

Women’s tennis will finish up their weekend with the last day of the ITA Ohio Valley Regional.

Women’s soccer vs Georgetown

Women’s soccer will stay at home to host Georgetown at the Sellick Bowl. Georgetown is 10-2-2 overall and 4-0-1 in conference. The Hoyas are have not lost a game in nine games. They are coming off a double overtime 2-2 tie against Creighton. The Bulldogs lost to the Hoyas 2-0 last season and then 1-0 in the Big East Championship. Butler is now 8-4-2 overall and 3-1-1 in conference after a 1-0 victory over St. John’s. Kickoff is at 1 p.m. and the game will be available on BEDN.

Volleyball at Providence

Volleyball will remain on the road to face Providence. Providence is 0-6 so far in Big East play and will face Xavier before taking on Butler. The Bulldogs beat the Friars 3-0 in both matches last season. First serve is at 1 p.m. and you can watch all the action on Friars.com.