Butler men’s soccer boosts unbeaten streak to five games with road win over Seton Hall

Griffin DeBolt in action this season. The Butler men’s soccer team is now 8-4-1 on the season. Chandler Hart / Collegian file photo.

DREW FAVAKEH | STAFF REPORTER | dfavakeh@butler.edu

In South Orange, New Jersey, on Oct. 19, the Butler University men’s soccer defeated Seton Hall 4-0, their largest margin of victory in a game since 2015. The Bulldogs, who are now 8-4-1 on the season, tallied an impressive 26 shots, 15 of which were on goal. To put their offensive production in perspective, over the last two games, Butler recorded 27 shots, nine of which were on goal.

Junior defender Joel Harvey scored the first goal of the game, his second of the season. In the 35th minute, freshman forward Wilmer Cabrera Jr. scored a goal, his fifth of the season. It was the second consecutive game in which Cabrera scored a goal.

Senior forward Brandon Guhl, who assisted on Harvey’s goal, scored a goal of his own in the 60th minute. Guhl and Cabrera Jr. remain tied for the team lead in goals with five each. That puts the pair in a tie for third in Big East goals, along with Karsen Henderlong of Xavier, Josh Coan of Marquette, and Jacob Montes of Georgetown.

Freshman forward Hemi Nasser scored his first goal of the season in the 84rd minute on an assist from Ethan King.

Butler’s next game comes on Oct. 23, against 6-6-1 Marquette in Milwaukee.