Butler vs Ole Miss: Social media recap

Kamar Baldwin led the charge down the stretch to take down the Ole Miss Rebels, 83-76. Photo by Jimmy Lafakis.

DREW SANDIFER | STAFF REPORTER | dsandife@butler.edu

In their first game against a Power 5 opponent this year, Butler faced Kermit Davis and a stingy Ole Miss team with hectic pressure that tested the Bulldogs.

And the Rebel pressure even had Hinkle on the ropes for a bit.

Paul Jorgensen exploded for a career-high 27 points including 21 in the first half.

His 5 three pointers in the half had Butler fans wanting more.

Despite the late run by Ole Miss, Butler pulled away with a 20-8 in the closing five minutes.

The unquestioned turning point was when sophomore Christian David blocked 7-footer Dominik Olejniczak’s shot to spark a Butler run.

Considering his struggles with playing time in the first two contests, this was a breakthrough performance for him.

Kamar Baldwin poured in a quiet 24 points, but in the end, it was Paulie’s night as he dribbled out the clock.

And his phone was BLOWING UP.

At the end of the day, a win is a win. And over an improving Power 5 team will give the Bulldogs confidence when they play another intense game later this season.

And if the game is on Butler’s campus, give the home team the edge.

As we look ahead to the rest of the non-conference schedule, this was a must-win if Butler wants to dance for the fifth straight year.

Now, Butler students can enjoy these next few days on break with the satisfaction of a still-unbeaten Butler squad.

They will next travel to the Bahamas to compete in the Battle 4 Atlantis holiday tournament. Their opening game is against the Dayton Flyers at 7 p.m. on ESPNEWS.