Men’s basketball pregame notes – UT Chattanooga

Butler tips off against the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga at 9 p.m. inside Hinkle Fieldhouse

Tale of the Tape

The Bulldogs (1-0) are coming off a season opening win against Maine 99-57.

The Mocs (1-1) won their season opener 110-53 over Hiwassee before losing 89-45 at Wisconsin Sunday.

What to watch for: Butler

The Bulldogs are looking for a rebound season after going 14-17 (4-14 Big East). They got off on the right foot with a rout over of Maine on Saturday.

Roosevelt Jones looks to have improved his athleticism, which has really helped his game all around. He had 14 points and nine assists against Maine. 2 of those points came on a fast break dunk – something he said he could hardly do last year, but used his year off to get his knees healthy.

Kellen Dunham led all scorers with 18 points against the Black Bears. He is the key for Butler. If he’s shooting well, the team clicks.

Jackson Aldridge is out with an ankle sprain he suffered Saturday. It has not been announced how long he will be out. Interim head coach Chris Holtmann has said Aldridge is one of the players he’s hoping to create some depth with at the point guard position.

What to watch for: Chattanooga

The Mocs have had balanced scoring in each of their first two games. Casey Jones had 12 points in both games and Justin Tuoyo had 11 in both games.

Chattanooga shot 32 percent from the field against Wisconsin and 27 percent from three-point range.

Ronrico White comes into the game two 3-pointers shy of 100 3-pointers in his career.

Bulldogs vs. Mocs

This is the second all-time meeting between the two schools. Butler beat Chattanooga 57-46 at Hinkle Nov. 15, 2011.

This game is a campus-site game as a part of the Battle 4 Atlantis. They face the University of North Carolina on Nov. 26 in the Bahamas. Other teams on the island include Oklahoma, UCLA, Florida, UAB, Wisconsin, and Wisconsin. Chattanooga will play mainland games in the tournament. The Mocs play Robert Morris on Nov. 26 and will face either Coastal Carolina or Louisiana-Monroe on Nov. 27