Butler to induct new Hall of Fame class

Next fall, the Butler Athletic Hall of Fame will welcome four individuals and one team as its 20th class.

The 1983 football team will be joined by Paul Page (football, 1983-86), Stacia Mellinger (volleyball, 1987-90), Jermaine Guice (men’s basketball, 1991-94) and Jeremy Aldrich (men’s soccer, 1995-98).

Page, a wide receiver, was a member of two championship squads. He was also a two-time Butler Offensive Most Valuable Player and a two-time first team All-Heartland Collegiate Conference wide receiver.

Page currently ranks in Butler’s top five for single-season (998) and career (1,937) receiving yards records, both of which he ranked first in at the time of his graduation.

Mellinger, the 1990 Midwestern Collegiate Conference Volleyball Co-Player of the Year, is one of 14 players to be named first team All-League three times (1988-90). She finished second all-time in school assists (4,338) and seventh in service aces (133).

Also, Mellinger was a part of four consecutive league regular season championships and one league tournament title.

During his freshman year, Guice led Butler men’s basketball to an 18-11 record—its first winning record in six years—before helping the team improve to 21-10 the following year.

A two-time Butler MVP and two-time All-Midwestern Collegiate Conference player, Guice currently stands eighth in career scoring (1,607) and is 10th on Butler’s all-time list for made 3-pointers (174).

Aldrich, a versatile defender and three-time first team All-Horizon League player, became the second person in Butler history to receive NSCAA/adidas All-American honors, doing so in 1998.

He was named the MVP of Butler’s 1998 squad, which went 19-5-1 and is the winningest team in program history.

The 1983 football team, ranked No. 8 nationally, finished 9-0-1 and became the first Heartland Collegiate Conference team to advance to the NCAA Division II playoffs.