King remembered by peers, fraternity brothers

Students are trying to make sense of tragedy after losing a second member of the Butler community in just four days.

Sixth-year pharmacy student Cameron King died on Sunday. Information about the circumstances surrounding his death has not been released.

Friends and fellow Lamda Chi Alpha fraternity brothers remember King as a dedicated and helpful student.

Senior Casey Foster knew King both through pharmacy and Lambda. He said the pharmacy majors in the house were all close with King.

“It’s somebody you knew, lived with and saw on a daily basis,” Foster said. “He was on the same path as us; we were trying to get to where he was.”

While the family was not ready to talk to The Collegian, King’s mother, Missy King, wanted everyone to know how much her son loved being a student at Butler.

King was finishing up his last year of pharmacy school and was scheduled to graduate this May. It was something he was looking forward to, his mother said.

She also said that he was very close with both his brother Eric, who was “his best friend,” and his younger sister Lottie.

King was known to love the outdoors, especially camping and 4-wheeling.

Many people were touched by King, as evidenced by the more than 1,200 page views his cousin Michael’s memoriam blog post had received by Monday.

Students and friends have also turned to Facebook to express grief, sympathy and confusion.

“You left way too soon,” said one.

“Lost a brother and a friend today,” said another.

Yet another said, “It is times like this we wonder why.”

King’s viewing is tomorrow from 4 to 9 p.m. His funeral is set for Friday at 1 p.m. Both will be held at Lawson-Miller Chapel in Brazil, Ind.