Butler Sports Weekly Preview Feb. 22 – Feb 28

NICK ORR | SPORTS REPORTER | nporr@butler.edu

The Butler women’s swim team will be heading to the Big East Championships on Feb. 22. Photo by Lauren Gdowski.

Wednesday, Feb. 22

Women’s swimming at Big East Championships

The women’s swimming team will travel to East Meadow, New York for the Big East championships. Last season, Butler finished in sixth place and is hoping to finish with a better result this year. The championships can be streamed on FloSports/BEDN. 

Men’s basketball at DePaul

The Bulldogs will travel to Chicago to take on the DePaul Blue Demons. Butler won the first matchup at Hinkle 78-70. The Bulldogs are looking to bounce back after a disappointing loss to Georgetown and are hoping to build some momentum into the end of the year. The game can be watched on FS1 and listened to on WXNT 1430AM.

Thursday, Feb. 23

The women’s swimming team participates in day two of the Big East Championships. 

Friday, Feb. 24

Day three of the Big East Championships begins at the Nassau Aquatic Center. 

Women’s golf at Rio Verde Invitational 

The women’s golf team kicks off the Rio Verde Invitational. The Bulldogs will travel to Arizona and look to find success again after a last-place finish at the Reynolds Lake Oconee Invitational in Lake Oconee, Georgia.

Women’s track at Big East Indoor Championships 

The women’s track and field team will be in Chicago for day one of the Big East Indoor Championships. The Bulldogs placed sixth last year and will be hoping for a strong result this year. 

Men’s track at Big East Indoor Championships 

The men’s track and field team will also be in Chicago for the Big East Indoor Championships. The team finished fourth a year ago and will hope to have some strong running lead to a top finish. 

Softball at Green and Gold Classic

The softball team travels to Birmingham, Alabama for the Green and Gold Classic. Butler will play five games in three days and will start by taking on Louisiana-Monroe in the first game of the day at 12:15 p.m. Butler will finish the day by playing UAB at 4:45 p.m. The Bulldogs are looking to get back into the win column as they have lost their last eight games. 

Women’s tennis vs Middle Tennessee

The women’s tennis team is back home to take on Middle Tennessee at the Butler Bubble. The Bulldogs have never beaten Middle Tennessee in two games and will go for their first win. Matches are set to start at 1 p.m.

Women’s lacrosse at Central Michigan

The women’s lacrosse team will head back on the road, as they travel to Mount Pleasant, Michigan to take on Central Michigan. The Bulldogs are searching for their first win over the Chippewas in their sixth meeting. The first draw is set for 3 p.m.

Baseball at Campbell University 

The Bulldogs baseball team travels to Campbell University to begin their three-game series against the Camels. Campbell enters this game coming off a walk-off win against No. 11 East Carolina on Feb. 21. The opening game of the series can be seen on ESPN+.  

Women’s basketball vs Seton Hall 

The women’s basketball team is at Hinkle for Senior Day and their final home game of the regular season. The Bulldogs will look to avenge their first matchup with the Pirates, which ended in a 79-45 loss. The game can be streamed on FloSports/Butler+. 

Saturday, Feb. 25

The women’s swimming team enters the final day of the Big East Championships. 

Women’s golf at Rio Verde Invitational 

The women’s golf team begins day two of the Rio Verde Invitational. 

The women’s track and field team enters the second and final day of the Big East Indoor Championships. The team will look to have a big day to secure a Big East Championship. 

The men’s track and field team also enters the second and final day of the Big East Indoor Championships. 

Women’s softball at Green and Gold Classic

The softball team is in Birmingham for day two of the Green and Gold Classic. They will take on UAB for the second consecutive game at 12:15 p.m to kick off the day. They will round out the day at 4:45 p.m by taking on Cleveland State. The Bulldogs are looking to win their fourth consecutive game against Cleveland State. 

Baseball at Campbell University 

The baseball team will look to win the second game of the series against Campbell. The matchup is at 3 p.m. 

Men’s tennis at St. Louis 

The men’s tennis team will be in St. Louis to take on St. Louis University at 4 p.m. The Bulldogs are coming off two straight wins at home against Eastern Kentucky and Marian. 

Women’s tennis at Purdue 

The women’s tennis team will be in West Lafayette to take on Purdue after their match against Middle Tennessee. The match will be at 4 p.m. 

Women’s soccer at Valparaiso University

The women’s soccer team will kick off their spring schedule by taking on Valparaiso on the road. The team finished the regular season with a difficult defeat to Creighton in the Big East tournament. The Bulldogs have not won in the last four tries against the Beacons. The game is at 6 p.m. 

Sunday, Feb. 26

Women’s golf at Rio Verde Invitational 

The women’s golf team will finish the Rio Verde Invitational on day three. 

Softball at Green and Gold Classic 

The softball team will wrap up the UAB invite by taking on Cleveland State for the second straight game. The first pitch will be at 11 a.m.  

Women’s lacrosse at Detroit Mercy 

The women’s lacrosse team will be in Detroit to take on Detroit Mercy. The Bulldogs have won the last two matchups against the Titans and will look to make it three straight. First draw will be at noon.

Baseball at Campbell 

The baseball team will aim to win the final game of their series against Campbell. The game is set for 1 p.m. 

Monday, Feb. 27 

Women’s basketball at Creighton

The women’s basketball team will look to close out the regular season with a win at Creighton. The Bluejays defeated Butler earlier this season 75-56. The game will be at 7 p.m and be streamed at FloSports. 

Tuesday, Feb. 28 

Baseball at Indiana

The Bulldogs will travel to Bloomington to take on Indiana following their series at Campbell. Butler is winless in their last five matchups against Indiana and will look to snap that streak. The game is scheduled for 4 p.m. 

Men’s basketball vs. Marquette

The men’s basketball team will celebrate Senior Night against Marquette. The Bulldogs lost a tight contest, 60-52, against the Golden Eagles in their first matchup on Feb. 4. The final game of the season at Hinkle is scheduled for 6:30 p.m and can be watched on FS1.