Butler Sports Weekly Preview Sept. 28 – Oct. 4

The women’s volleyball team huddles up during a timeout. Photo courtesy of Butler Athletics.

JIA SKRUDLAND | SPORTS REPORTER | jskrudland@butler.edu

Thursday, Sept. 29

Women’s soccer at Providence 

After coming off a 4-1 loss against Marquette, the women’s soccer team will look to rebound against Providence. The Bulldogs will take on the Friars at 7 p.m. in Rhode Island on FS1

Friday, Sept. 30

Men’s soccer at Marquette 

The men’s soccer team will continue conference play against Marquette. The Bulldogs are 1-0-1 in the Big East. Kick-off is set for 7:05 p.m. at Valley Fields in Milwaukee, Wis. and will be streamed on FloSports and BEDN.

Women’s cross country at Joe Piane Invitational 

The women’s cross country team will head north to compete in the Joe Piane Invitational at Notre Dame. At both the Rose-Hulman Twilight Meet and Red Bird Invitational, the Bulldogs took first on the podium. 

Men’s cross country at Joe Piane Invitational 

The men’s cross country team will head north to compete in the Joe Piane Invitational at Notre Dame. At the Rose-Hulman Twilight and Spiked Shoe Invitational, the Bulldogs finished first and second, respectively. 

Women’s volleyball at No. 21 Creighton 

The women’s volleyball team will look to upset No. 22 Creighton in Omaha, Neb. as part of their four-game road trip. The Bulldogs will enter Creighton with a 1-1 record in the Big East. First serve is at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 1

Football at Davidson 

After a tough loss to FCS No. 2 South Dakota State 17-45 two weeks ago, the Butler football team will seek their third win at Davidson College Saturday afternoon. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. in North Carolina. 

Women’s softball at Purdue Fort Wayne

The women’s softball team will continue their fall season against Purdue Fort Wayne. First pitch is TBA. 

Women’s softball vs Indiana Wesleyan

The women’s softball team will play Indiana Wesleyan in Fort Wayne upon the conclusion of the match against Purdue Fort Wayne. First pitch is TBA. 

Sunday, Oct. 2

Women’s volleyball at Xavier

The women’s volleyball team will complete their four game road trip against Xavier. First serve is scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Cintas Center in Cincinnati. 

Monday, Oct. 3

Men’s golf at Tom Tontimonia Invitational 

The men’s golf team will return to Westlake, Ohio for the Tom Tontimonia Invitational. The Bulldogs will look to defend their title after finishing at one under with a composite score of 283. Cleveland State University will host the two-day tournament from Oct. 3 to Oct. 4. 

Women’s golf at Butler Fall Invitational 

The women’s golf team will host the Butler Fall Invitational at Highland Golf Club in Indianapolis. The Bulldogs will look to improve on last season’s third place finish with a score of 882. Butler will hold the tournament from Oct. 3 to Oct. 4. 

Tuesday, Oct. 4

The men’s golf team will close out day two of the invitational in Westlake, Ohio.  

The women’s golf team will close out day two of the invitational in Indianapolis.