Butler Sports Weekly Preview: Aug. 31- Sept. 6

Freshman Palmer Ault went on to score a goal against Western Michigan on Aug 25. The Bulldogs won 2-0. Photo by Lauren Hough

KENDALL HEDGE | SPORTS REPORTER | kmhedge@butler.edu 

Thursday, September 1

Women’s soccer vs. Wright State

The Butler women’s soccer team will take on Wright State at the Bud and Jackie Sellick Bowl at 7 p.m. The team looks to bounce back after their first loss of the season on Aug. 25 to Illinois, where the Dawgs gave up a goal in the 89th minute.

Friday, September 2

Women’s volleyball vs. Hofstra

The women’s volleyball team heads west to Denver to compete in the Denver Invitational. The Bulldogs’ first match of the tournament will be against Hofstra University at 12 p.m ET/ 10 a.m MT. 

Women’s volleyball at Denver

Continuing their Denver invitational, the volleyball team will play the University of Denver at 9 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. MT. 

Saturday, September 3

Football vs. St. Thomas

The Butler football team will host their first game of the 2022 season against St. Thomas University. The game will be at 1 p.m. at the Bud and Jackie Sellick Bowl. The Bulldogs are looking to start off strong after acquiring a new coaching staff led by head coach Mike Uremovich .

Women’s volleyball vs. Portland

In the last game of the Denver Invitational, the volleyball team will be competing against the University of Portland at 1 p.m. ET/ 11 a.m MT.

Sunday, September 4

Women’s soccer vs Wisconsin

The women’s soccer team will take on the Wisconsin Badgers at home for senior night. Last season, the Bulldogs fell to the Badgers during the first round of the NCAA tournament in a close 2-1 game. Kickoff will be at 1 p.m. and can be watched on FloSports and Butler+.

Men’s soccer at Oakland

The men’s soccer team will head up north to Rochester, Michigan to go up against the Golden Grizzlies of Oakland University. The Bulldogs have earned two shutouts and already have 11 saves in their 2-0 start to the season. Kickoff for the game will be at 7 p.m.