The week ahead in Butler sports: Dec. 9-15

Genesis Parker drives to the basket during a game this season. Parker and the Butler women’s basketball team take on Indiana and High Point this week. Xan Korman / Collegian file photo.

SAMANTHA HARTMAN | STAFF REPORTER | sehartma@butler.edu

Tuesday, Dec. 10:

Men’s basketball at Baylor

The men’s basketball team remains undefeated after beating Florida 76-62. The Bulldogs are now 9-0 going into their Big East – Big 12 Battle matchup against Baylor. Baylor is on a six-game win streak and 7-1 on the season. Tipoff will be at 9:00 p.m. and the game will air on ESPN2.

Wednesday, Dec. 11:

Women’s basketball vs Indiana

The women’s basketball team will host in-state rival Indiana at home. The Bulldogs lost to the Hoosiers 66-46 last season. This season the Bulldogs are 6-2 after defeating Akron at home. The Hoosiers are 8-1 with their only loss coming against Baylor. You can catch all the action on YouTube. The game will start at 7:00 p.m.

Friday, Dec. 13:

Men’s and women’s track at Hoosier Open

The men’s and women’s track teams will travel to Bloomington, Indiana, for the Hoosier Open. The event will tentatively begin around 4:30 p.m. and will take place in the Gladstein Fieldhouse.

Saturday, Dec. 14:

Men’s basketball vs Southern

The men’s basketball team will take on Southern at home. Southern is 3-6 going into the week but will play Wright State before traveling to Hinkle Fieldhouse. All the action can be seen on FS1. Tipoff is set for 12:00 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 15:

Women’s basketball vs High Point

The women’s basketball team will remain at home as they host High Point to finish up the week. The Panthers are 2-5 on the season. Tipoff is for 2:00 p.m. and the game will be available on YouTube.