The week ahead in Butler sports: Sept. 30 – Oct. 6

Macy Miller brings the ball down the field during a game this season. The women’s soccer team faces DePaul and Villanova this week. Chandler Hart/Collegian file photo.

SAMANTHA HARTMAN | STAFF REPORTER | sehartma@butler.edu

Monday, Sept. 30:

Men’s golf at Skyhawk Fall Classic

The men’s golf team will travel to Paris Landing State Park in Buchanan, Tennessee. There will be a total of 14 teams competing in the Skyhawk Fall Classic. The event will start at 9:00 a.m. and the second round will start later that afternoon. Par is 72 at this 54-hole course. The Bulldogs last finished fourth out of 15 teams at the Crusader Collegiate.

Tuesday, Oct. 1:

Men’s golf at Skyhawk Fall Classic

The men’s golf team will finish the third and final round of the Skyhawk Fall Classic starting at 9:30 a.m.

Wednesday, Oct 2:

Volleyball vs. DePaul

Volleyball will continue Big East play against DePaul at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The Bulldogs are now 3-10 and 0-1 in Big East play after losing to No. 10 Marquette 0-3. DePaul is now 9-6, and 1-2 in conference after losing to Xavier 3-2 and St. Johns 3-1 and beating Seton Hall 3-1.

The Bulldogs and the Blue Demons went 1-1 last season against each other with a Bulldog 3-0 victory, but also a 3-2 loss. The Bulldogs will face the Blue Demons at 6:00 p.m. There will be free admission, courtesy of butlerbulldoggear.com. You can also watch the game on BEDN.

Thursday, October 3:

Women’s soccer at DePaul

Women’s soccer is traveling to Chicago, Illinois, to kick off their week of conference play against DePaul. Butler went 2-1 against the Blue Demons last year. The Bulldogs are 6-3-1 overall and 1-0 in the Big East after beating Seton Hall 3-0. DePaul is now 3-5-2. The Blue Demons moved to 0-1 in conference action after a 2-0 loss to Creighton. Kickoff is at 4:00 p.m. and will be broadcast on BEDN.

Friday, Oct 4:

Women’s cross country at Joe Piane Invitational

The women’s cross country team will compete in the Joe Piane Invitational. The event will take place in South Bend, Indiana, hosted by Notre Dame. Butler has placed first in both of its events so far this season. The event is set to start at 3:15 p.m.

Volleyball at Georgetown

The volleyball team will continue its busy week of Big East play and travel to Washington, D.C., to face Georgetown. Georgetown is 11-5 overall and 1-1 in conference with a 3-2 win over Providence and a 3-1 loss to Creighton. Georgetown beat Butler 0-3 in both matches last season. First serve is set for 5:00 p.m.

Men’s soccer at Providence

The men’s soccer team will continue Big East as they take on Providence. Butler lost 0-1 to No. 9 St. Johns moving the team to 0-2 in conference. The Bulldogs are 4-4 overall. Providence is 6-3 overall and 1-1 in conference with a loss against Georgetown, 2-1, and a victory against Seton Hall, 1-0. Providence beat Butler 3-2 last season. The game will take place in Providence, Rhode Island, at 7:00 p.m. The game will be available on BEDN.

Saturday, Oct 5:

Football at Stetson

The football team will take on Stetson after a bye week. The Bulldogs will travel to Spec Martin Memorial Stadium in Deland, Florida. The Bulldogs are currently 1-3, Stetson is now 3-1 after beating North Carolina Wesleyan. Butler deafted Stetson 28-23 last year. Kickoff is at 12:00 p.m. The game will be available on ESPN+.

Volleyball at Villanova

The volleyball team will finish its week in Villanova, Pennsylvania. Butler will face Villanova at 7:00 p.m. Villanova is 10-3 overall. Villanova will take on Xavier on Friday before facing Butler. Villanova is currently 1-1 in Big East play with a 3-0 loss to Creighton and a 3-1 victory over Providence. Butler beat Villanova 3-1 last season and also lost 0-3.

Sunday, Oct 6:

Women’s soccer vs Villanova 

The women’s soccer team will finish its week of conference play in the Sellick Bowl. Butler will take on Villanova who they beat 2-1 last year. Villanova is currently 5-3-2 overall and 1-0 in conference with a 1-0 victory over Xavier. Villanova will face Georgetown before taking on Butler. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m. You can catch all the action on Youtube.