The week ahead in Butler sports: Sept. 2 – Sept. 8

Annika Schmidt brings the ball down the field at the Sellick Bowl during a game last season. Collegian file photo.

SAMANTHA HARTMAN | STAFF REPORTER | sehartma@butler.edu

Monday, Sept. 2:

Men’s soccer vs. Evansville

Butler is 1-0 so far in regular season play after beating Western Michigan 2-1 at home on Aug. 30. The team will now take on Evansville at the Sellick Bowl and hopes to continue its winning streak. The Bulldogs tied Evansville last season 2-2. Kickoff at the Sellick Bowl is at 7 p.m. The game will be available on Facebook Live.

Thursday, Sept. 5:

Women’s soccer vs. Michigan State

The Bulldogs are now 3-1 following an overtime loss to Wisconsin on the road. Butler will now return to the Sellick Bowl to face Michigan State as they hope to continue their 24-game home unbeaten streak. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 6:

Volleyball vs. Cleveland State

The volleyball team will travel to Bowling Green, Ohio, to take part in the Hampton Inn Bowling Green Invitational. Their first match will be at 10 a.m. against Cleveland State. Butler is coming off a 1-2 weekend at the War Eagle Invitational in Auburn.

Women’s cross country at Vic Godfrey Open

Women’s cross country will travel to Kenosha, Wisconsin, for the Vic Godfrey Open. The meet will take place at the Dannehl National Course and begin at 6 p.m. Butler is coming off a first place finish at the Butler Twilight. 

Men’s soccer at Marshall

Butler will finish its week on the road against Marshall. They beat Marshall last year at home 4-3 in overtime. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

Volleyball at Bowling Green

The volleyball team plays its second match of the day against Bowling Green. First serve is set for 7 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 7:

Volleyball vs. Charlotte

The volleyball team will conclude the Hampton Inn Bowling Invitational on Saturday against Charlotte. The match will be at 12 p.m.

Football vs. Indiana Wesleyan

After a 10-57 loss against North Dakota State in their season opener, the Bulldogs will be returning to the Sellick Bowl. The football home opener will start at 6 p.m. against Indiana Wesleyan. The game will be available on Facebook Live.

Sunday, Sept. 8:

Women’s golf at Redbird Invitational

The Butler’s women’s golf team will start their season off in Normal, Illinois, at the Weibring Golf Club. There will be 17 teams competing this year in the two-day event. Last year Butler finished the Redbird Invitational in 12th place out of 14 teams.

Women’s soccer at Milwaukee

The women’s soccer team will finish the week with an away game against the Milwaukee Panthers. Kickoff is at 2 p.m.