Butler kept warm with Cocoa for Theta

LIZZY HACKL | ASSIST. CULTURE EDITOR

Cold weather can’t keep these girls down.

The ladies of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority hosted their annual Cocoa for Theta philanthropy event on February 4. There was a fun, Pop playlist in the background with girls dancing, delicious hot chocolate pouring and Butler students socializing and catching up.

Members of Theta serve up hot Chocolate with all the toppings. Photo by Mike Brown.

This philanthropy event was special for the sororority because it was the first one this year that first-year students could partake it.

“I love Cocoa for Theta because it’s fun and goes to a good cause,” first-year Lauren Ciulla said. “It’s great seeing everyone come together to raise money for the Theta Foundation and CASA.”

Through generous donations, the Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation provides more than $500,000 in academic scholarships to more than 200 women each year. The Theta Foundation’s scholarships help young women succeed and achieve their goals. Theta values helping women accomplish higher education.

Theta members Kylie Gray, Lauren Frieling, Brianna Borri, and Elena Decook help make the event run smoothly. Photo by Mike Brown.

Kappa Alpha Theta also supports and donates money to the CASA—Court Appointed Special Advocates—philanthropy. CASA helps find safe and supportive homes for children in the foster care system.

For just $2, anyone was able to enjoy a delicious cup of warm hot cocoa. For no price, everyone was able to support and share love with the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority.