Men’s Golf finishes fourth at Badger Invitational

GRANT ANSCHUETZ | STAFF REPORTER / Photo courtesy of Butler Sports

The Butler Men’s golf team ventured into Big Ten country from this past Saturday to Tuesday to compete in the 2015 Badger Invitational hosted by the University of Wisconsin Badgers. The event took place at University Ridge Golf Course in Madison, WI.

The Bulldogs finished in fourth place at the invite with a three round total of 898 (+34).  Connor Dudley led the Bulldogs with a 218 (+2). His three round performance was good enough for seventh place individually.

The Bulldogs combined score after the first round was 298 (+10), which started them in seventh place. Joey Arcuri fired a low round of 72 (E) for the Bulldogs while Dudley was one stroke behind with a 73 (+1). Round two resulted in a 301 (+13) for the Bulldogs to move them down a spot into eighth place. Dudley built off of his first round performance by shooting a two under par 70. Due to heavy rains in the area, the third round started an hour and a half later than scheduled. This delay may have just been what the men needed as they combined for a 299 (+11) in tough playing conditions. Their team score of 299 (+11) was the second best score of the day, and it gave them a fourth place finish. Arcuri and Zack Carrabine both carded scores of 74 (+2) to lead the Bulldogs. The men will aim to build off of their performance against tough competition and continue to finish strong in tournaments ahead.

Kansas won the invite with a three round total of 865 (+1) while Patrick Flavin from Miami (OH) led the competition with a 207 (-9).

Both the Butler Men’s and Women’s teams will play in the Butler Fall Invitational on October 5th. Grant Anschuetz