Sophomores embrace their passion for fashion

HALEY BAAS | STAFF REPORTER

After realizing there was nowhere to get their fashion juices flowing at Butler, two sophomores are taking it upon themselves to bring a fashion club to campus.

This club will focus on the business side of the fashion industry, but will also make room for anyone who is interested, said Brittany Zoet, one of the club’s two founders.

“[Fashion is] such a dynamic and intriguing industry, and we wanted to bring that to Butler,” she said.

The two said they are hoping the club will help people to grow and learn more about the fashion industry through its many opportunities.

“I am really hoping to help people gain something from this club through our field trips or activities.” said co-founder Savannah Kleiner. “That would be amazing for me.”

The club is planning to host a number of speakers, including a Butler student who interned with Michael Kors; the women who started the magazine “Pattern,” which focuses on Indianapolis fashion; and a woman who has opened her own warehouse.

“Nothing is set in stone, but we have some plans to have people come in and talk about what they have done,” Zoet said.

Zoet said one of the most exciting things this club is trying to do is go to the Midwest Fashion week in Indianapolis during the third week of October.

“We are hoping to take a group over there for a discounted price,” she said.

Though the club is still waiting on approval from Student Government Association, it has been approved by the Programs for Leadership and Service Education.

Provided they receive approval from SGA, the new club will have its first meeting on Oct. 15.

At the meeting, the club plans to make infinity scarves.

Each participant will make two scarves. One of these will be for the participants to keep, and the other will be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation, Zoet said.

In the meantime, feel free to contact Zoet at bzoet@butler.edu or Kleiner at skleiner@butler.edu with any questions you may have.