Fall into Autumn

WRITTEN BY BRYNN ERDY, CONTRIBUTING REPORTER

Leaves are changing into beautiful reds and golds, Starbucks patrons line up for pumpkin spice lattes, jeans and sweatshirts emerge from the bottom of closets, football games consume weekend afternoons and the smell of spices and cinnamon flows from the kitchen.

It is officially fall.

From pumpkin patches to haunted houses, this time of year offers a lot of fun activities for all ages.

You can use this list of activities and resources to make the most out of this season.

Fall recipes

Baking during the fall does not stop with pumpkin pies. There are pancake recipes for breakfast, cupcake recipes for dessert, pot pie dishes for dinner and recipes for everything else in between.

Use these three websites as a launching place for your fall culinary experiments. They each have many creative ideas that will leave your taste buds wanting more, even if your stomach is telling you “no.”

Pinterest

www.foodnetwork.com

www.spoonful.com

Fall at the park

One could argue the best and most beautiful thing about fall is the changing of the leaves.

Trees look like paintings, sunsets seem more magnificent and there is something relaxing about watching them.

So when you want to take a break from it all and appreciate the outdoors, grab a blanket and your family, friends or a date, and head to a nearby park.

You can take a ball, picnic blanket or some ice cream and take a break from the hustle and bustle of life at these three parks in Indianapolis:

Garfield Park Conservatory

& Sunken Garden

2505 Conservatory Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46203

White River State Park

801 W Washington St Indianapolis, IN 46204

Eagle Creek Park

7840 W 56th St

Indianapolis, IN 46254

After dark

What is fall without some fun after dark?

Bonfires burn in backyards, but there are also spots in Indianapolis that offer evening activities for getting friends and family together.

The zoo, for example, offers some spooky events for people of all ages.

And you can’t forget about the haunted houses.

There are real haunted houses and fake scare houses around the city.

For a list of city haunts, visit:

www.hauntedhouses.com/states/in/

And check out these seasonal, corporate haunted houses:

Fright Manor, $20 admission

2909 South Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225

Indy Scream Park, $25 admission

5211 S. New Columbus Rd.

Anderson, IN 46013

Necropolis, $28 admission

2525 N Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46219

Whether you are in the mood for a scary night out with friends or a relaxing afternoon in the autumn sun, Indianapolis has many venues that will cater to your wishes.

All you have to do is make the plans and take advantage of what the city has to offer

Tags , ,