Butler Sports Weekly Preview Feb. 8 – Feb. 14

Senior Michael Karr during a team practice in the Butler Bubble. Photo by Lauren Gdowski.

AVA HOEPPNER | SPORTS REPORTER | ahoeppner@butler.edu 

Wednesday, Feb. 8

Women’s basketball at DePaul

The women’s basketball team will travel to DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois. The Bulldogs have an overall record of 7-16. The last time these two teams faced off was on Dec. 4 when Butler lost a close game 78-72. Fans can tune in to FloSports at 8 p.m. to watch the Bulldogs take on the Blue Demons.

Friday, Feb. 10

Men’s and women’s track at Music City Challenge

Friday is the opening day of the Music City Challenge track meet at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. The team is coming off a successful meet at the Meyo Invitational. 

Softball at Spring Games/Northern Lights Tournament

Butler’s softball team opens up with their first game of the season against Minnesota in the Northern Lights Tournament at 1:30 p.m. in Leesburg, Florida. They will play their second game at 4 p.m. against Western Kentucky. These games can be streamed on FloSoftball. 

Men’s tennis at Ball State University 

The men’s tennis team matches up against the Cardinals at 2 p.m. The men’s team has a record of 4-3 on the year and are looking to improve. 

Men’s basketball vs No. 13 Xavier 

The basketball rivalry between Butler and Xavier continues at 7 p.m. at Hinkle. The team’s record sits at 11-13 and are looking for a big win against a Musketeers’ squad that is tied for first in the Big East. Butler beat Xavier in their last meeting, during the Big East Tournament last season, 89-82. This game can be watched on FS1 or listened to on WXNT 1430AM.

Saturday, Feb. 11

The second day of competition for the Men’s and Women’s track meet at the Music City Challenge in Nashville, Tennessee.

Men’s and women’s track at David Hemery Valentine Invitational 

Men’s and women’s track will compete in the David Hemery Valentine Invitational in Boston, Massachusetts. The team will be split up between the Nashville and Boston meets. 

Men’s tennis vs Eastern Kentucky, Marian

The men’s tennis team starts off the day hosting Eastern Kentucky at 9 a.m. The team then plays their second match against Marian at 3 p.m. Both matches will be taking place at the Butler Bubble. 

The softball team continues their play in the Northern Lights Tournament in Florida. Their first game is against Marshall at 11 a.m., and their second game will be against Portland State at 1:30 p.m. These games can be streamed on FloSoftball. 

Women’s basketball at Providence 

The women’s team will play against Providence in Rhode Island. The game will start at 1 p.m. The Bulldogs lost to Providence 74-66 earlier this season and are hoping for a better outcome in this conference matchup. 

Sunday, Feb. 12

Men’s golf vs UNC Greensboro Collegiate

The men’s golf team will play in the opening round of a three-day tournament against UNC Greensboro Collegiate in Palm City, Florida.

The softball team wraps up their play at the Northern Lights Tournament. Their first game will be against Marshall at 9 a.m. The team will then face off against Colgate at 11:30 a.m.

Women’s lacrosse at Youngstown State

The Butler women’s lacrosse team will open up their season at Youngstown State at noon. The team finished last season with a 6-9 record and set a program high in wins. 

Monday, Feb. 13

Men’s golf vs UNC Greensboro Collegiate 

The men’s golf team will play second-round matches against UNC Greensboro Collegiate in Palm City, Florida.

Tuesday, Feb. 14

Men’s golf vs UNC Greensboro Collegiate 

The men’s golf team will wrap up their final round play in Palm City, Florida against UNC Greensboro Collegiate.

Men’s basketball at Villanova 

The Bulldogs travel to Villanova for an 8 p.m. tip-off. In their previous meeting this year, the Bulldogs won 79-71 and look to sweep the season series with the Wildcats. You can watch the action on CBSSN or listen on WXNT 1430AM.