Men’s Soccer enters key stretch

GRAYSON PRATHER | STAFF REPORTER

The Butler men’s soccer team will face Seton Hall University tonight and will look to return to the .500 mark.

Last year, the Bulldogs (5-6-4) defeated Seton Hall 2-0.

Despite Seton Hall’s last-place spot in the standings, Butler head coach Paul Snape said he does not want to underestimate them.

“They’ve got talent on their team and they just beat Georgetown,” Snape said. “We’re certainly not going to underestimate them.  Every single game is so important to us right now.”

Butler sophomore David Goldsmith said he knows the team  has an important stretch of games coming up and their effort needs to be top notch.

“We’ve got four games left,” Goldsmith said. “We’ve got to win or do well in all of them, but we know it’s in our hands and we can definitely win these games, but we’ve got to work harder than any other team.”

After hosting  Seton Hall Wednesday night, Butler will host Providence College Sunday afternoon for senior day.

Providence is currently tied for first place in the BIG EAST standings with Xavier, and is undefeated in six contests.

Snape said he knows Providence is a good team and Butler needs to be able to play their best to be able to pull out a win.

“They’re certainly going to be a formidable opponent,” Snape said. “We know they’ve got a good attacker. They’ve got a lot of good players. They have team spirit and a very good coach. They’ve got athleticism and they’re a very balanced team as well.  We know that we’ve got to be at the top of our game.”