Golf Recap

BRENDAN KING | Staff Reporter

The Butler men’s golf team finished in second place out of four teams in the Big Four Classic on Thursday.

The Big Four tournament is an annual event involving Butler, Wabash, Hanover and DePauw, held at Crooked Stick Golf Club in Carmel, Ind.

DePauw finished in first place with a total team score of 301.

Butler’s best individual score came from junior Andrew Eiler, who shot a 73 to give Butler momentum going into the final holes. Butler shot a total team score of 306.

Other top Butler scores were a pair of 76’s shot by senior Matt Vitale and sophomore Brigham Stewart.

Butler’s final tournament before the Big East Championship will be at the IU Invitational on April 12 and 13.

The Bulldogs have won one tournament so far this season in the Bulldog Florida Invitational.

The Butler women’s golf team placed second out of 10 schools in the Bradley Invitational on Sunday to continue a string of good play in recent tournaments The Bradley Invitational course par was 72.

Leading the way for the Bulldogs was junior Isabella Lambert.

Lambert shot a 77 in the first of two rounds, but then roared back with a 73 in the second round to help Butler finish strong.

Also finishing in the top 15 for Butler was junior Jenna Peters and freshman Megan McCambridge. Peters shot a team-low 1-over-par on Saturday but shot an 80 on Sunday. McCambridge shot a 79 in the first round and then 77 on day two to finish overall in 13th place.

Southern Illinois was the only school to finish ahead of Butler. The Salukis posted a total score of 617, while the Bulldogs totaled 619. Senior Ashleigh Rushing shot a 76 in both rounds to lead the Salukis.

Also finishing in the top five schools were Northern Illinois, Indiana State,  and Northern Iowa.