Devour Delicious Downtown Delicacies

Brittany Garrett | Staff Reporter

Indianapolis eateries cater to anyone’s taste buds, but an upcoming event promises to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.

Devour Downtown is a citywide, semiannual food-fest lasting through  Feb. 2.

More than 60 restaurants are offering three-course meals for $25-$30 per person. A continuously updated list of participating venues and their menus are available at devourdowntown.org.

A daily gift card giveaway and a cocktail contest will occur for those of the legal drinking age, according to the website.

Adam Bianco, director of entertainment at the Indianapolis Colts Grille said the event attempts to appeal to all.

“Over the years, we’ve made different changes and lowered the prices for something new and exciting,” Bianco said.

Indianapolis Colts Grille has been involved with Devour Downtown for every season since the restaurant opened its doors in 2011.

“Devour Downtown is an Indianapolis tradition about 10 years old now and something we’ve always enjoyed being involved in,” Bianco said.

Another dining establishment that’s been involved every season since its opening is Iozzo’s, an Italian restaurant located on South Meridian Street.

“It’s always a little more crowded during Devour,” said Kirsten Surface, an Iozzo representative.

“In the summer, we have a courtyard to accommodate extra people, but we typically seat until 10 on weeknights and 11 on weekends to make everyone happy.”

Surface said getting reservations during the two weeks of Devour could be difficult. This led Iozzo to run its special event menu a week early to make sure everyone could get the experience.

Other businesses besides restaurants are joining the two week-long event and have their own discounts.

The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra is offering two tickets for $30 to the concert “I Love Piano!” showing Jan. 24-Jan. 25. The same discounted price will be applied to tickets of Strauss’ Alpine Symphony on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1.

The Indiana Ice are also selling discounted tickets to their hockey game against U17 on Jan. 30. It will cost $30 for two tickets and a parking pass.

This is also a College Night, making the tickets only $5 for students with college IDs. For students older than 21, beer will be sold for $1. Indiana Ice’s sales and marketing associate intern and Butler senior Brandon Smith is the promoter for this specific event.

The next two weeks are full of fun for all ages wanting to experience Indy and Devour Downtown.