Bulldogs face Billikens tomorrow on road after defeating Bonnies

The Butler women’s basketball team will be on the road for the third time in four games when it travels to take on Saint Louis Wednesday.

The Bulldogs (15-10, 6-4) are sixth in the Atlantic 10 Conference standings.

All but one of Butler’s conference losses has come on the road.

The Billikens will be competing against the Bulldogs during their annual Education Day game at Chaifetz Arena.

Junior forward Lorreal Jones is the only Saint Louis player that averages double digits in scoring, with 11.3 points per game.

The Bulldogs have three starters who all average more points than Jones.

Junior forward Daress McClung leads Butler in scoring, averaging 16.6 points per game.

Sophomore guard Taylor Schippers averages 13.3 points per game, and sophomore center Liz Stratman posts a 11.5-points-per- game average.

The Billikens are 15th out of 16 teams in the A-10 in scoring, averaging less than 54 points per contest.

The Bulldogs rank sixth in the conference in scoring, averaging a little more than 61 points a game.

Butler is coming off a 64-46 victory over St. Bonaventure at Hinkle Fieldhouse during its Bulldogs Fight Breast Cancer game Sunday.

The ladies wore pink from head to toe, with pink uniforms and new pink Nike shoes to support the fight against breast cancer.

Butler coach Beth Couture is a breast cancer survivor herself.

The festivities were held to support St. Vincent’s Women of Hope.

Couture and her team have previously volunteered for the organization.

McClung led the Bulldogs with  17 points and nine rebounds.

Junior guard Mandy McDivitt and McClung tied for the team lead in assists with five each.

McDivitt and Stratman also added 12 points apiece.

The game also marked the return of the team’s only senior, forward Becca Bornhorst, who had not played since the Bulldogs’ final game of the 2011-12 season against the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Bornhorst recorded six minutes and one offensive rebound in her season debut.

Butler out-rebounded the Bonnies 36-29.

The Bulldogs also shot 50 percent from behind the 3-point line, going 10-for-20.

McDivitt shot 4-for-7 from three-point range.