Fantasy football: Rookies emerge in week 3

The NFL is so hit or miss, it is hard to consistently and accurately predict who will perform well.

My predictions are educated guesses at best. I highly advise you come up with your own predictions, but if you are a sofa king and too lazy to do your own research, go ahead and use my predictions to guide you.

Rookie running back Mark Ingram finally found the end zone on Sunday, recording his first touchdown as a pro. This week, Ingram’s New Orleans Saints square off against the Jacksonville Jaguars. I figure Jacksonville will play from behind for most of the game, making Ingram a good bet to get a decent number of carries.

Another rookie, Denarius Moore, is turning out to be the real deal. Simply put,  the guy is a playmaker.  Against a stout New York Jets defense, Moore had four receptions and a scoring run. He is capable of big things for the Oakland Raiders’ offense.

Injury alerts for this week once again involve Michael Vick. After suffering a concussion last week, Vick got hit quite a few times against the New York Giants Sunday and suffered a hand injury. Although the injury is just a bruise, this is a situation to monitor going forward, as the Philadelphia Eagles will want to be cautious with their $100 million investment.

After recommending Kenny Britt in last week’s column, it appears that he has torn his ACL and is done for the year. That is disheartening, as Britt was posting Pro Bowl-caliber numbers.

Frank Gore’s ankle woes seem to be lingering, as he was limited late during the San Francisco 49ers’ game on Sunday. If he goes down, so does his team’s hardly-functioning offense.

The highly regarded Pittsburgh Steelers defense has been less than stellar so far this season. Last night, it was susceptible to passes to the tight end. If you own Owen Daniels, start him for next week’s matchup between the Steelers and Daniels’ Houston Texans.

The story of Chris Johnson so far this season revolves around how he is not living up to his new contract. This can be attributed to rust or his offensive line not generating any running lanes. This week he gets to face the Cleveland Browns, who are allowing the fourth most rushing yards in the league.

Scour the waiver wire for these team additions: Nate Washington, Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Montario Hardesty and Kendall Hunter.