Butler University transforms residential experience with newest housing for first year students.
Co-news Rachel Anderle stops by the set to discuss the happenings of the news section, including the naming of the new dorm on Butler University’s campus announced late last week.
The name is a reference to the location of the university’s campus for over fifty years.
Students living in apartment Village, Butler Terrace, University Terrace and Christian Theological Seminary all have different methods of receiving mail and packages.
Residence Life briefly changed their policy to allow them to live off campus for the 2017 to 2018 school year. This will no longer apply for future juniors.
Butler hired University and Student Services to assist those moving into ResCo, Ross Hall and Fairview House on Aug. 19-20. This was the first time the university hired a professional moving service to assist students.
Columnist Austin Klawitter discusses his experience with the Butler student housing programs and how construction and Fairview House’s pod sizes, among other things, are affecting sophomores in particular.
Residence Life prepares for 95 percent of the incoming class to live in university housing, while the other 5 percent will commute from home. Most students will live in Ross Hall and ResCo, and a certain amount will live in Fairview House in Fall 2017.
Every residence option, except Ross Hall, now allows gender inclusive housing. Gender inclusive housing means anyone on the gender spectrum can live together. Roommates who all want to live in a gender inclusive unit can share a pod in Fairview House or an apartment in University Terrace.
KIRSTEN ADAIR | ASST. NEWS EDITOR | firstname.lastname@example.org Sensitive fire alarms led to confusion in Apartment Village over the past few weeks. Residents in Apartment Village have received emails from Hope England, the residence life coordinator for Apartment Village, advising students to be wary of following cooking instructions and warning against taking steamy showers. The smoke…