Fantasy football: Watch your offense

Here is an unreal statistic that reflects the craziness of the NFL season: There have been 10 quarterbacks who have had a 400-yard passing game so far this season after only five weeks.

The current record for an entire season stands at 13 quarterbacks reaching a 400-yard game.

If you own a pass-heavy QB, it is paying off now more than ever.

There are some matchups that you must exploit at this point in the season, and you should take flyers on potential flex options who have an outside chance of producing in these matchups.

The Philadelphia Eagles put on a clinic for how to not tackle against the Buffalo Bills.

Bills running back Fred Jackson destroyed that unit, as it tried to play two-hand-touch on defense. Jackson accounted for 196 yards and a touchdown. Start any running back playing the Eagles right now until they can mend their defensive woes.

The Green Bay Packers allow the fourth-most passing yards per game, even though they have a solid defense.

Most of this comes from times when the Packers get so far ahead, they focus on not giving up big touchdown plays, so teams are able to accumulate passing yards by throwing underneath.

Plus, the Packers score a lot of points. Usually teams that score a lot of points tend to give up passing yards, as it becomes ‘garbage time’ when they get up.

Go find ‘Oscar The Grouches’ out there who play high-scoring teams like the Packers, Bills, New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. All of those teams are in the top 10 of allowing the most passing yards per game.

After his performance against the Kansas City Chiefs, it might be worth it to start Curtis Painter if you are in need of a QB this week, as he faces the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Colts won’t be able to run against the stalwart defensive line of the Bengals, so I might as well recommend wide receiver Pierre Garcon as well.

The Raiders won an emotional game on Sunday, with their longtime owner passing away earlier in the week. This week they come down from the winning high to face the Cleveland Browns, who have had an extra week to prepare.

Browns QB Colt McCoy should produce solid numbers against a secondary defense allowing the eighth most passing yards.